Friday, December 8, 2006

Watermelon Blues - Oakland

It's surprising that Watermelon Blues (311 S. Craig Street, 412.681.8451) doesn't have a website. This small shop, tucked into the corner of a nice building that houses other shops and eateries, is crowded with all sorts of cards, gift items, craft supplies and usual food treats. It would be wonderful to see a page with recently added items, gift ideas, and perhaps even happenings in Oakland.

Anyway, there is a small selection of rubberstamps, and they are wonderfully quirky and arty. I am so tired of the cutesy look. I was thrilled to find a rubberstamp to use on the back of my Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) and the company that makes the stamp, Catslife Press, also has a great line of journey stamps that I want, as soon as I am employed again....please let it be soon.

No comments: